harvest candy corn favor boxes
November 1, 2010 § 22 Comments
I started my blog days before Canadian Thanksgiving and agonize at having missed the opportunity to post some crafts for the holiday. It’s a blessing that American Thanksgiving is still to come! I like entitling myself to the double celebration of Thanksgiving each year, considering that three of the four most important people in my life live in America. Every American Thanksgiving weekend has been spent at my parents’ in Michigan. Having said that, my next few crafts may regrettably be a few weeks out of date for my beloved Canadians, but for my American family and friends, the crafts are just in season.
You will need scissors, good quality double-sided tape (I always use the ones with backing), and the following:
a. Corn patterned paper. Don’t worry, I’ve done the designing for you!! I am happy to provide the sheet here for free for you to download and print on cardstock. Each sheet has two yellow corn patterns and two Indian corn patterns. Kindly note that this sheet is only for your personal use. *Edit: I’ve had a special request for a black & white version of the corn pattern so that your little ones can color the kernels in, so you can upload the b&w version, too. Thanks for the great suggestion, Bridget!*
b. Green and yellow crepe streamers.
c. Candy corn.
Now, to make this fun and easy project:
1. Using double-sided tape, roll the corn pattern into a tube.
2. Take the quarters of tissue paper and roll into balls.
3. Plug one end of the corn tube with a ball of tissue paper, then fill with candy corn, and plug the other end with a second ball of tissue paper.
4. Cut your streamers into 5-1/2″, 6-1/2″, and 7″ strips and shape into husks. Each corn will need two 5-1/2″ strips, two 6-1/2″ strips, and one 7″ strip. I used green streamer for the yellow corn and yellow streamer for the Indian corn.
5. Using double-sided tape, arrange and adhere the husks to cover the bottom of the tube entirely, the sides of the tube, and the top of the tube partially.