creative gift wrapping: spooled package
December 13, 2010 § 5 Comments
One of the simplest ways to wrap a gift is to create an envelope. The spools are both a unique and functional element to this inventive gift packaging. Ideal for boxes less than 2″ deep.
1. Cut your gift wrap with an additional 1-1/2″ on each side of the box. Make sure the you can fold the gift wrap twice around your box.
2. Using double-sided tape, fold and adhere the bottom third of your gift wrap. Insert the box.
3. Fold a triangle on the top third.
4. Using circle punches and hole punches, punch two large circles and two small circles with a hole punched in the middle. Adhere the smaller circle on the large circle.
5. Using mounting tape, adhere a 12″ length of ribbon onto the back of only one of the circles.
6. Adhere the circles as shown and spool ribbon to close.
creative gift wrapping: lace-up tube
December 11, 2010 § 2 Comments
creative gift wrapping
December 10, 2010 § 2 Comments
If you’re looking to wrap your holiday presents in unique and, importantly, achievable ways, look no further. I’ve been compiling a few of my gift wrapping ideas — none of which require the dexterity of an origami aficionado, as some other ideas out there may oblige.
Starting today and over the next few days, I will post the full photos and tutorials on each of the above:
Enjoy your holiday shopping and gift wrapping this weekend!
*Edit: I hope you’ve all had a great weekend of gift wrapping. To sum up the past four days, I’ve provided the link to each individual post directly from here. Just click one of the gift wrap ideas listed above to go directly to that tutorial.*
This post is participating in: