creative gift wrapping: recessed monogram
December 10, 2010 § 5 Comments
1. Wrap your gift without using any tape, making sure to center your pattern on the top of the box.
2. Unwrap and turn over. Using a pencil, stencil the mirror image of the letter in the center of the area that is designated as the top of your box.
3. Using a craft knife, carefully cut out the letter.
4. Adhere mounting tape along the edge of the letter. I used two layers of mounting tape to give a more recessed illusion.
5. Carefully align and adhere the top of the box to the designated area.
6. Wrap the gift completely.
Tip: You will be left with a letter cut out of gift wrap. Use this letter to monogram the card envelope or to make a greeting card. A great match to the boxed gift.