itsy bitsy box!
October 3, 2010 § 10 Comments
Not looking for a trick this Halloween? This spider favor box is a happy creature filled with fun treats and yours to make and give away. I crafted the box out of simple black cardstock using a template I designed. You can download the template here. It is easy to assemble with cut lines and score lines for folding. Simply fill with your favorite treats. I love Reese’s Pieces for their colors and even more for their peanut butter goodness!
Here are step-by-step instructions after downloading the template:
1. Print and cut the template and trace onto a sheet of letter-size black cardstock. The heavier weight, the sturdier, the better. Make sure to cut carefully along the solid lines and not to cut on the dotted lines, as those are for folding.
2. Once you have everything cut out, fold the triangular flaps up, while making sure the fangs are left flat.
3. Fold the curved sides up, and leave the legs flat.
4. Pinch the triangular flaps through the top slits of each side, one by one. Make sure to fill your box with treats before folding the second side.
5. Fold down the tops of the triangles to close. Pinch the legs so that they are bent. For eyes, I used orange cardstock and black gemstones which I picked up from the dollar store.
It is adorable and so simple. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this little project. No tricks needed!